Classworks Link: https://manager.classworks.com/desotocountyschools.org
Your child's login and password are the same: their lunch number.
Scholastic News/Storyworks: https://sn4.scholastic.com/home-page-logged-in.html#
Our Class Scholastic News Password is: ogcetigers
Read Theory: https://readtheory.org/auth/login
Your child should know their login and password. Email me if they do not.
Brain Pop- www.brainpop.com sign on for brain pop-user name ogce password tigers1
Reading Skills Review The password is Beck.
Practice for MAP Tests: More MAP Practice by RIT Score
About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
Welcome to another exciting year in the life of your child! We hope to make your child’s fourth grade year a positive learning experience as well as enjoyable. We would like to take this opportunity to provide you and your child with some information that will guarantee we have a great year.
Students will need to show Tiger Pride in everything we do! More information about Tiger Pride and our social contract will be sent home soon.
Tiger Pride Expectations
- P- Positive Attitude (See the good!)
- R-Respect (Respect everyone, always!)
- I-Integrity (Do what’s right/ Own your behavior!)
- D-Dedicated (Give your all, finish what you start!)
- E-Excellence (Always do your best!)
When a student does not meet our Tiger Pride expectations or breaks the classroom social contract, he/she will receive the following consequences.
1 check- Verbal warning
2 checks- Behavior chart check
3 checks- Infraction notice to the student
4 checks- Pride Reflection Sheet and parent contact
5 checks- Office Referral
Students will earn Tiger Pride Points for positive behaviors to earn rewards.
We will give all homework assignments for the week on Friday in our weekly newsletter, and it must be turned in the next Friday. As always, the purpose of homework is to reinforce the skills taught in class. Students who consistently don’t complete homework have trouble keeping up in class.
Please note that the student is not graded on accuracy, but whether or not HW is completed. In addition, we encourage students to read 20 minutes each night. We also encourage each child to practice their multiplication facts daily! Knowing basic facts are crucial in order to master all other math skills.
We will send graded paper folders home every Thursday. Pease sign the sheet and keep the graded papers.
Each week the class websites will be updated with the weekly skills and any other important information about upcoming schools events. You can find our class website through the OGCE home page.
- We have a snack time each day. Your child may bring one from home or purchase one each morning.
- Students may pick up breakfast in the cafeteria from 7:00-7:30 at no charge.
- Lunch is $2.75.
- School starts and the tardy bell rings at 7:45 a.m. Students may arrive beginning at
- Your child is strongly encouraged to bring a WATER bottle. Please make sure it has a top of some sort to limit spills.
- Please be aware that it is a MAJOR transition from 3rd to 4th grade.
- Please send a note each day for ANY change on how your child will come home in the afternoon and be sure to remind your child to turn that in as soon as they get to school in the morning.
- In an effort to social distance and decrease the risk of exposure we are not sharing personal supplies this year. Students will keep their backpacks and pencil pouch with art supplies at their desk.
- For any additional information see The OGCE Return to Learn Plan-Parent Guidebook.