Question: How will my child get assignments and instruction? I will post assignments on Schoology everyday for the skills taught in class that day. The assignments will be labeled by date and will have videos/PPT lessons with direct instruction based on objectives being taught at school.
Question: When and how will my child turn in assignments? Assignments will be due everyday. Students will be required to log in to Schoology daily.
Mrs. Bailey's Schedule Mrs. Strawn’s Schedule
- Listen and follow all directions.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Show respect for school and personal property.
- Work and play in a safe manner.
- No talking/playing in the halls and restroom.
Rewards- Ipad play time, patio passes, treats
Consequences- When a student chooses not to follow the class or school rules, he or she will have the following consequences:
- First- verbal warning/ redirect student behavior
- Second- loss of privileges
- Third- parent contact
- Fourth- office referral
- Boys- No sleeveless shirts.
- Girls- No spaghetti strap tops can be worn unless covered with a cardigan, jacket, etc. Wider strap tops are acceptable. Both shorts and skirts/dresses must come within two inches of the knee. Any long tunics or shirts over tight leggings/jeans must come down to almost the knee.
Homework will be assigned weekly. It will be given every Friday to be turned in the following Friday. Lack of homework will result in completion of homework during recess/activity.
More information will come home about this. We are excited about implementing this new positive program in our school this year.
Graded papers will be sent home in your child’s folder every Thursday along with any school information. Please sign the folder and have it returned to school by Monday. Please do not put important notes or money in this folder.
Each week the class websites will be updated with the weekly skills and any other important information about upcoming schools events. You can find our class website through the OGCE home page.
- If you would like to send snacks for special days (ex. birthday), please let us know. You may send them with your child or bring them to lunch.
- Your child may bring a water bottle to class. We have many Ipads, Kindles, etc., so the bottles should have a secure top. We ask that you not send flavored water, juice, sodas, tea, etc.-water only
- We are not allowed to have a child verbally say he or she will be going home a different way. A note must come from home, or you may call the office before 2:00 to ensure that the new information gets to your child before dismissal time.
- Lunch prices have increased to $2.75. Reduced lunch prices will remain the same.
- No cell phones can be seen or heard in the classroom. Cell phones must remain in backpacks and be turned off/silent.
About the Teacher/Welcome Msg
Welcome To The Fourth Grade!
Welcome to another exciting year in the life of your child. We hope to make your child’s fourth grade year a positive learning experience as well as a lot of fun! We would like to take the opportunity to provide you and your child with some information that will guarantee we have a great year.
My name is Jennifer Strawn. I attended Desoto County Schools as a middle and high school student and have always known I would come back to teach in the Desoto County School system. I graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2002 with a B.A. in Psychology and Elementary Education. In 2005, my teaching career began at Oak Grove Elementary in Hernando. I've taught both fourth and fifth grade math and science. I love Oak Grove! Go Tigers! 🐯
In my free time I enjoy traveling with my family, running, and maybe the occasional nap 🤣. I have been married to my husband, Josh, for 18 years. We have a 14 year old daughter named Kate entering high school this year.